27 April 2013

XX


The XX chromosome is the genetic characteristic of a woman. She has to juggle several responsibilities both at home and at office. She needs superhuman strength to do so.

Here is a message forwarded to me some time back which aptly covers all I have to say. I do not know the source but would love to attribute the author.

As someone said, "Every man wants a girlfriend, wife, mother but many don't want a daughter..."
In India, having a son is given huge importance and women who have only daughters are often 'looked down upon' metaphorically speaking of course.  Female infanticide following prenatal determination of the sex of the unborn child still occurs in many parts both rural and urban among educated and uneducated people. 

This post is dedicated to all women...

Someone asked a woman: 

Are you a working woman or a house-wife?
She replied:
Yes I am a full time working house-wife,
I work 24 hours a day..
I'm a "Mom",
I'm a Wife,
I'm a Daughter,
I'm a Sister,
I'm a Daughter-in-law,
I'm an Alarm clock,
I'm a Cook,
I'm a Maid,
I'm a Teacher,
I'm a Waiter,
I'm a Nanny,
I'm a Nurse,
I'm a Security officer,
I'm a Counselor,
I'm a Comforter
I don't get holidays,
I don't get sick leave,
I don't get day off,
I work through day and night.
I'm on call.. all hours
 
And I get paid with a sentence...

"WHAT DO YOU DO  ALL DAY?"

4 comments:

Liz A. said...

Sigh. Someday that's going to change. And until it does, I plan to hang around people for whom it already has.

Archana said...

Good idea! Thanks Liz.

Kirsten said...

That's so true!
Just dropping by on the A-Z.
Short Story Ideas & Just Ermie

Archana said...

Thanks Kirsten.