28 April 2018

Y for Yen



Welcome! 
We are with the 2018 April AtoZ Blogging challenge and its my fifth attempt. For those who missed it, here is the link to my Theme Reveal post. Do the alphabets still stand for the same things we learnt about in Nursery school? 

Its day twenty five and the alphabet is Y. 


In school we were taught Y is for Yak. This is one animal that is found only in the higher regions of the world, I remember seeing them in Ladakh. So basically its not commonly seen hence I would prefer to go with Y for Yen.

I am sure your first thought would be Yen as in JPY - the Japanese currency. That's correct ofcourse but I am referring to yen which means to have a craving or yearning for something. One of my first posts was related to my blog address (yenforblue) and you can read it here

At this stage in my life what is it that I 'yen' for? 
Ability to travel 
Staying healthy
Seeing my family happy
Learning something new every year preferably technology related

Of all these, the last has sort of stagnated as I have only managed to gain more knowledge about field botany and bonsai. Learning music has been one thing I want to do but my tentative efforts at the singing class were disastrous to say the least. I am trying to figure out if my teacher or I was happier when I quit! I have consoled myself saying that artists need people to appreciate as well, and I might as well be a good connoisseur. 

With advancing age, its important to have a goal, a craving to do or learn something. An active mind will keep ageing at bay. Hence the importance to have a yen for something!

What do you yen for?

No comments: