10 October 2019

Drooping Beauty (ThursdayTreeLove)

Salix, Weeping, Golden,

In the book The Wisdom of Trees, I came across these words attributed to John Stewart Collis " Truly trees are beings. We feel that to be so. Hence their silence, their indifference to us is almost exasperating." 

Sitting near this wonderful Willow, I felt so peaceful and calm yet I am not sure the tree even felt my presence or even cared!

Either way, being near it gave me immeasurable joy!

Have you felt this way?

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove blog hop. Head over to see some amazing trees from around the world. Better still, join in!

P.S. Willows belong to the  Salix genus of the Salicaceae family. They grow in moist soils and are dioecious (meaning male and female flowers are borne on separate plants). The drooping branches make them amazingly graceful! While willows are rare in Pune, I saw plenty of them in Bhutan, and Central and eastern Europe. This lovely tree was growing in the garden of our hotel in Warsaw.

4 comments:

Alana said...

Willows are plentiful where I live in upstate New York. They also were plentiful where I went to summer camp in rural New Jersey. I love seeing them. Not just peaceful, but childhood memories return.

Archana said...

Happy to revive your memories Alana! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Parul said...

This is beautiful and so green. Maybe by the water it has all that it needs to be happy and grow. I have only seen Willows on Thursday Tree Love. It's so good how we all get to see trees that we may not have seen ourselves. Thanks for joining, Archana. See you on the 24th.

Archana said...

@Parul THank you so much! Yes, I do have a tree for the 24th!