12 December 2019

Coexistence (ThursdayTreeLove)

Anyone who goes tree spotting is sure to have noticed that some trees become 'host' to other plants ...
I mean that other species grow on this main or mother tree either for support or nutrition - this is a normal phenomenon seen in Nature ..peaceful coexistence.. take and give support when needed and when it can be given!

Here is a massive old Bougainvilla and a Monstera growing on a Neem tree. In fact it was the gnarled warty trunk that caught our attention and it took us quite a while to identify the Bougainvilla. We had to follow the trunk like way up to the top before the pink-purple blaze of flowers gave away its identity. The carpet of pink flowers were yet another clue!


Tree Walk, Pune, Bogan


Walk, Nature, Health

What clues do you look for to identify a plant? Have you experience the tremendous satisfaction and joy of identifying a tree/herb/shrub? 

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove blog hop. Do head over to see some fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in!

8 comments:

Parul said...

I usually look for leaves, fruits and flowers but most of the times I am not able to identify. However, these coexistences are fun to spot. I have seen creepers finding ways on trees and how they get comfortable. :)
A good find, Archana! Hope to see you on the 26th. That will be the last edition of this year :)

Archana said...

Thanks Parul! Yes, I will be there tomorrow!

Penelope Potty Snooper said...

I look at the leaves and bark.....love these helping hand trees

JoAnna said...

You are motivating me to improve my identification skills. The co-existence reminds me of a bouquet.

Archana said...

@bellybytes - yes as flowers are not always present, leaves and bark provide good clues for identification. Thanks for stopping by Sunita!

Archana said...

@Alana Thank you so much! :-)

shalz75 said...

I love it when these epiphytes climb all over a tree and cover it a hue of their own. There is a huge one of money plant covered tree in the grounds at Mysore Palace that had me truly confounded.

Archana said...

@shalz75 That money plant must have been wonderful!! Thanks for stopping by :-)