27 July 2024

Red Glory (ThursdayTreeLove)

Here is a tree from Paris that surprised me due to its shiny red leaves in mid May.

I always thought red leaves were seen as trees drop foliage in autumn. 

Our guide could not help with its name. I hoped Google would help me with ID but as luck would have it...the tree name presented itself to me!!!

Beautiful red wine coloured leave shone in the sunlight!


The Luxembourg Garden had a board next to this lovely tree.

So here's the Fagus sylvatica 'Atropunicea' L of the Fabaceae family (Beech)...a tree that bears new foliage that's red/copper/maroon .




Some trees had these flowers/fruit - still to find out what they are.. i am being just plain lazy.. sigh

Its wonderful to meet flora of the places we travel to and know the place via its plants. I am sure all of you will agree with me!!

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in! 


6 comments:

marina said...

What a beautiful tree! I have never seen it either. It is fun to discover new ones!

Shiju Sugunan said...

That's a beautiful discovery! The red leaves are stunning, and it's fascinating to learn about the Fagus sylvatica 'Atropunicea'. Many thanks for visiting my blog!

Archana said...

Thank you Marina! :-)

Archana said...

@Shiju Sugunan Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Parul said...

I agree that travel makes us see so many trees and new flora. I love doing that on my trips. Thanks for sharing this one that marks the first tree from Paris for me on TTL : ) So happy to have you around!

Archana said...

Thanks Parul! Happy to be part of TTL!