08 November 2018

Surprise (ThursdayTreeLove)

A walk on the hills of my city has become a part of my life and its something I crave for once there is a gap of more than 2 days. Ever since I started noticing the trees, I unknowingly keep track of them - at least those on my route. I know species that grow on the hill and where. 
Or so I thought.
So it was a huge surprise when I came across this particular tree ... Not one or two but an entire avenue as it were...

Which reminded me of John Muir's words..

"In every walk with nature, one receives far more that one seeks" 
Happily Surprised
This is the Garari which goes by the botanical name of Cleistanthus collinus of the Euphorbiaceae family. Its dark green leaves and almost black fissured trunk are quite attractive but the leaves, bark and roots are said to be poisonous. 


Garari, tekdi, Nature, Pune

nature, hills, tekdi, pune

Obviously, the hills will continue to surprise ... Never take things for granted!

Have you been surprised by trees in your neighbourhood? 

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see some fantastic trees from around the world. Better still join in.  

We are celebrating Diwali here in India so here's wishing everyone..

Happy Prosperous Healthy Diwali! Lets see, learn from and appreciate what Mother Nature has to offer!

8 comments:

Alana said...

I am surprised all the time by urban tree walks. Yours looks so green - totally unlike where I live.

Archana said...

Thanks Alana. Yes, this green was a huge surprise considering the season... Urban trees never cease to surprise as I am learning...

Chandra Lynn said...

Lots of different trees where I live and work. I never tire of them. As you point out, I always discover something new. In fact, I was just telling my hubby and son that we need to get to Ditto Landing, a place we often visit during the summer, but haven't gone to during autumn or winter.

Parul said...

I think I have seen this tree in Bangalore too but never knew this is poisonous. That patch looks so green as if its the Monsoon time. Thank you for sharing!
You walk far away, don't you?

Parul said...

Oops! did you get my comment?

Archana said...

@Parul Yes, Mornings are the best time for me to walk as an exercise... so I make the most of it.. :-)

Archana said...

@Parul.. This image is sometime in October after the rains had stopped. The green was eye catching! And yes, I sure did get your comment.. Thanks for stopping by :-)

Dr Genevive Angela said...

Interesting post, liked the images:)