27 February 2020

Witness (ThursdayTreeLove)

Can anyone guess where this image has been taken?

Ok, let's not spend time on guessing games.. This gnarled tree is some species of Eucalyptus that I spotted at the Sanchi Stupa complex. It seemed really old and possibly has witnessed some the great events that occurred at this site. Or maybe it was planted later.. 

Heritage sites are usually home to old trees which are just as spectacular as the structures there. I have seen lovely trees at the Qutub Minar and at Hampi as well.

Have you noticed the trees when you visit a heritage or archaeological site? 
If they could only tell us their version of the events they must have witnessed!!

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove blog hop. Do head over to see some fantastic images from around the world. Better still, join in!

12 comments:

Parul said...

I have seen this at Sanchi Stupa and I think I have a picture too. So glad you posted. When I saw the picture first and hadn't read the post - I had this feeling of having seen this one. So cool that I was right :P Thanks a ton,Archana!
You are right about old trees in such heritage sights. Always a delight to find. See you on the 12th!

Archana said...

Thats great @Parul! We do remember amazing trees dont we?? :-) Yes, I will be joining on the 12!!

Mali said...

I love being introduced to new trees and new heritage sights too.

Vinitha said...

That's a lovely shot, Archana. Good that you explained, I can't take a guess. I am illiterate when it comes to trees and plants. All I know is to devour the beauty they flaunt. :)

Archana said...

@Mali Thanks for stopping by!

Archana said...

@Vinitha Thank you so much! Yes, their flaunting beauty is all that really matters :-)

JoAnna said...

What a lovely, elegant tree! It looks healthy too.

Archana said...

Thank you @JoAnna! :-)

Priya said...

Lovely!
We would have thousands of genuine stories if only trees could speak!!

shalz75 said...

I have been to Sanchi stupa but dont remember this tree at all. Thanks for sharing its beauty with me Archana.

Archana said...

@Priya That's so true! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Archana said...

@shalz75 Happy to share!! :-) Thank you so much!!