17 March 2024

Tree Drive (ThursdayTreeLove)

My title suggests i would be writing about some tree plantation drive.

But that is far from the truth.

Recently, our Tree lovers Whatsapp group was swamped with photos of a Yellow Seemal. Thats right ... Bombax ceiba with yellow flowers. It looked wonderful and is rare in this part of the world.

Like everyone else on the group, I too wanted to see it. 

The only problem was the location was over 60kms away. 

I got major FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) when more folks visited the tree and shared the images. 

Luckily for me, dear husband agreed to accompany me and he drove all the way. 

I packed some sandwiches and we set off early to avoid heat. Surprisingly the road was superb and I ignored all other trees enroute. (That was on the return journey and for another post!! :-)

It was a joy to see the tree at the precise spot, standing alone and in full bloom . The road was lonely, and locals drove or walked past without a second glance. I would like to think they had already had enjoyed the blooms as flowering had been going on for a few weeks at least. 

Without much ado.. here is the Yellow Seemal aka Kate Sawar in Marathi or Silk Cotton Tree. 



Bombax ceiba belongs to the Malvaceae family.

We have now renamed that road as the Yellow Bombax road!! 

That is my Tree Drive for the TTL!

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see fantastic trees from around the world. Better still join in!

6 comments:

Parul said...

I have never seen this one, Archana. I would have joined you too if I was there :)
The flower is gorgeous and such a big one too. So happy to see this one. Thank you!
I am working on today's edition and would love to see you join when you get a chance.

Chandra Lynn said...

It was certainly worth the trip! Gorgeous bloom!

Archana said...

@Parul Thank you so much. Happy to be part of TTL. We should definitely go tree watching together in Pune!! :-) :-)

Archana said...

@Chandra yes it was! Thank you for stopping by! :-)

Dr Genevive Angela said...

I loved every picture you posted Archana, and so nice to know you went on a drive and captured such lovely images, all of your pictures can be in a frame, thanks for sharing.

Archana said...

Thanks Angela!! :-)