16 September 2026

Confused (ThursdayTreeLove)

 On a new morning walk route, I came across these large white and purple flowers carpeting the track. The tree immediately above it had heart shaped shiny leaves and I was totally completely confused. 




Could not corelate these white/purple flower with tree with heart shaped leaves

I was simply unable to think of the tree ID. I photographed the flower and decided to look for the flowers on the tree. 

Much to my surprise it had no flowers. 

I looked around and found them to be growing on a large creeper that went from one tree to another...canopy to canopy. 

      
                              

That was a major Aha moment .

The flowers were of Argeyria nervosa aka Samudrashok (in marathi)  or Elephant Creeper of the Convolvulaceeae Family. 

In fact there was profuse blooming which accounted for the flower carpet. Suddenly everything was clear and I was quite relieved. ๐Ÿ˜… 

It's fruit is a woody hard capsule that bursts to resemble a rose. I am keeping tabs on the creeper to see those. The seeds are said to be toxic.

This is native species that's also seen around the world. The creeper has large heart shaped leaves with whitish undersides. 

You may well ask, which was the tree ? Let's leave that for another post๐Ÿ˜‚

I am joining Parul on her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in!

1 comment:

Shiju Sugunan said...

Classic nature trickery! Beautiful blossoms and photos!