25 June 2020

Solitary And Strong (ThursdayTreeLove)


"Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong"
Winston Churchill

This tree grows alone by the edge of a quarry... I have seen it for at least a decade and I am fascinated by the shape of its trunk. Its obviously endured some trauma - either natural (wind etc) or human but it stands strong as ever.

Let me leave you to enjoy the tree and hopefully my image will convey the beauty of the spot it grows at.

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove blog hop. Do head over to see some fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in! 

8 comments:

Parul said...

This tree is unique and so lone in its own way. I feel like I have seen such trees on my road trips. Thank you for joining, Archana. Hope to see you back tomorrow.

Archana said...

Thank You Parul! Happy to take part in TTL!! :-)

JoAnna said...

Trees like this are good examples of perseverance. It must have deep roots.

Shilpa Nairy said...

The tree is so different. Leaves look like tamarind tree. Hope it survives and grows.

Archana said...

@JoAnna Indeed it must have.. Thank you for stopping by! :-)

Archana said...

@Shilpa Yes, I hope it lives long.. Thanks for stopping by :-)

shalz75 said...

Trees are so resilient by nature - this one sure does look as if its withstood too many trials and still is standing and blooming.

Archana said...

Thanks for stopping by @shalz75. Yes it is a survivor!