09 July 2020

Striking (ThursdayTreeLove)



"Love the trees until their leaves fall off and then encourage them to try again next year" - Chadd Sugg

Like my previous TTL post, this is another solitary tree on a plateau! After the first rains, the sky was absolutely clear and blue and I simply could not walk past without capturing the striking beauty of this tree against the sky. 

 I think it is a Khair (Acasia genus but I havent got down to a specific ID) and belongs to the Mimosaceae family. It is deciduous and is just about breaking into new leaf right now. 

Here are its blossoms..
Dont they remind you of the Diwali Fuljhadi ??

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see some fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in!

16 comments:

My Camera & I said...

Lovely leafless trees.

Dr Genevive Angela said...

Beautiful picture:)

Archana said...

Thank you @My Camera!

Archana said...

Thanks @Angela!! :-)

Pradeep Nair said...

Leafless, but how beautiful it looks!

Archana said...

@Pradeep Indeed it does! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Anjana said...

Hey Archana, This solitary tree is indeed strikingly attractive. It definitely shows the inner strength of that tree. I remembered the poem Solitary Reaper by William Wordsworth which is one of my all time fav. Nice pics too, thanks for sharing them. :-)

Archana said...

@Anjana Thanks for reminding me of that poem! Indeed this tree does echo it.. :-)

Parul said...

ha ha! yes - like Diwali phuljadhi :)
It's a lone tree and only you can ID it. Thanks for sharing and joining. I hope to see you back on the 23rd

Archana said...

@Parul .. Thank you so much! Yes, I have a post for the 23rd!! Happy to participate in TTL!

Alana said...

Fascinating! I've never seen tree flowers like that. So, alas, I can't help with ID. What I like about Tree Love is finding trees that could never grow where I live, and vice-versa.

Archana said...

@Alana Totally agree with you! THis is the best way to see trees from around the world! Thanks for stopping by :-)

JoAnna said...

What a beautiful quote. When trees bloom again in the spring, year after year, it gives us consistency to continue believing in spring. The blossoming tree looks very happy.

Priya said...

Love the pictures and the quote is apt, Archana :)
The flower one indeed resembles a phuljhadi :)

Archana said...

@JoAnna Yes it does look very happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Archana said...

@Priya Thanks a lot! :-)