10 March 2023

Learning From Trees (ThursdayTreeLove)

 My TTL post is not on a Thursday but I decided to go ahead anyway. Any day is a good day to enjoy trees!

Todays trees are from the campus of a educational institute in Hinjewadi, Pune. Even though work kept me busy, I made time to meet plants growing there. This campus is home to the top management institutes in the country and student managers undergo a high pressure, hectic and demanding course. I am sure they must find these green nooks a calming spot to relax, study or discuss.  

Here are some images..

An interesting rose plantation at the entrance

Looking down to a soothing green canopy

This must surely be a wonderful space to reflect especially when the Parijat and Plumeria bloom. There's also a RaatRani which is not in the image.


The lovely Ixora add a touch of colour

The stately Bottle Palms always impressive! 

A poster on the Elevator door. This seems to be a college club.. Obviously students get hands-on experience with planting and nurturing trees
And I spotted a glorious Kailaspati or Cannon Ball Tree of the Lecithydaceae family on the road across the entrance.. it was in full bloom.  
Flowers of the Kailaspati - Couroupita guianensis

Cauliflory.. flowers grow directly on the trunk 

These trees would be silent witness to the highs and lows of campus life and be an inspiration as well. 
This quote is apt for all budding managers on the threshold of a glittering corporate career..

Think Like a Tree  --- Karen I Shragg

Soak up the sun
Affirm life’s magic
Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling.  

I am joining Parul in her  ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in!

13 comments:

Priya said...

Lovely captures Archana and apt poem :)

Archana said...

Thank you Priya! 😇🙏🙏

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Flowers growing on the trunk, how unusual.

joannaoftheforest said...

Excellent point about how much we need trees to help us be calm and reflect - They give us a different perspective focused on life. Thank you for sharing the beautiful and fascinating blossoms!

Archana said...

Thats so true JoAnna. Thank you so much! :-)

Archana said...

Hi Linn! Yes some plants do exhibit this phenomenon! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

This is so fantastic Archana Mam. I have been going to this campus for last 13 years now and normally see all of these almost daily, esp the beautiful view from my cabin window, however this was a treat to unlearn learn and relearn the treehood.
Thank you so much mam.

apoorvak said...

This is awesome Archana Mam.
I have been going to this campus for the past 13 years now and get to see all of this almost daily, especially the beautiful view from my cabin window,however this was a treat to unlearn learn and relearn treehood. Many thanks mam and thanku so much Vibhas sir for sharing this with me.

Archana said...

Thank you Apoorva ma'am. 🙏 It's a well designed campus and i could not fully explore all the plants there. Maybe another time! So happy to have you stop by and share your thoughts!! 😄

Parul said...

This is lovely! And you know, I always love trees in a University of College campus. It feels like too much goodness in one place. And you are right - never late to share tree love. I am so glad you joined. I am working on today's post and will go live soon. looking forward to seeing you there.

Archana said...

Thank you @Parul! Happy to participate in TTL! :-)

Esha said...

So glad to see the pics, Archana! They are so beautiful and I loved the poem too! I grew up in a college campus blessed with very beautiful trees that were in abundance, so I felt very nostalgic reading your post. Keep clicking and sharing more such, Archana.

Happy #TreeLove to you!
Esha
https://mysoultalks.com/my-friend-the-tree-thursdaytreelove-2023-4/

Archana said...

@Esha Thank you so much! I am so glad that my post brought back happy memories!! :-)