27 May 2023

Treat (ThursdayTreeLove)

 "One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." —Iris Murdoch


Regular morning walkers need no additional motivation despite peak summer here in Pune. Especially walkers on the Tekdi (small hills within the city). Different trees bloom in different months which make the walks all the more interesting whatever the season. 

Here is a glorious Gulmohor that grows precariously on the edge of a quarry which is a favourite spot of all tekdi walkers. 

I have featured it before on this blog but then the month is incomplete if Mayflower is not posted here!!
 
These photos are from last week. 



Hope you enjoy this floral treat as much as we do.

I am joining Parul in her ThursdayTreeLove bloghop. Do head over to see fantastic trees from around the world. Better still, join in. 

4 comments:

Alana said...

I would miss your annual post on this tree. So beautiful, and they do not grow where I live in the Northeast United States. I hope I can see one blooming in person one day.

Archana said...

@Alana This species is a non-native here. But seems to have settled in terms of flowering and fruiting. However I rarely see birds nest on it. Maybe the local birds have yet to accept it!! Thanks for stopping by! :-) Your support means a lot!!

Parul said...

How beautiful and Bangalore too is showing up the blooms these days. i have to grab a few shots before it's late :) Thanks for sharing, Archana. I am late for second Thursday but I am going to publish. Cheating but did not want to miss. Would love to see you around.

Archana said...

Happy to participate @Parul!! Thank you! :-)